Friday, October 28, 2005

TKGA swatches

Just for fun, I've enrolled in the Master Hand Knitters program offered by the Knitting Guild of America, and I'm currently knitting the Level 1 swatches. What am I saying? It's not a "just for fun" project, it's supposed to challenge me & stretch my abilities & all that. If I go all the way through to Level 3, it makes me a "master" knitter, which will look good for teaching-credential purposes at the hypothetical future yarn store.

Can't say it's been too technically demanding yet, but I'm only on swatch 5 (out of 15). I'm using Paton's Classic Merino & size 7 needles throughout. I plan to knit all the swatches in order, then go through the questions & essay portion of the test, then revisit the swatches & reknit where necessary. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Kniting program sounds good. I've thought of doing it before. I do think you learn a lot by doing it. If you're opening a yarn shop, it would really come in handy, you're right. Credentials mean a lot to some people. Chelle