Friday, October 14, 2005

Falling Leaves completed

Fallen arches?  NahFalling Leaves is a lovely lace pattern, yes indeedy. But don't use a busy colorway (like Sock It To Me's Cancun Fiesta) or it will overwhelm the lace.

I've decided I just don't like toe-up socks. I know knitters who rave about them, they are so easy, they love trying them on as they go, etc. But I want my heel flap. Is that so wrong? Socks fit me better with a heel flap & darn it, I'm just going to knit them that way from now on. (I suspect the heel-flap thing is because of the post-surgical shape of my foot. When they pinned my ankles into the non-pronating position, it did wonders for my arch & my heel pain & all that good stuff, but it just makes my ankles look like fat granny ankles. And I used to have such a pretty ankle too *sigh*. Anyway, the heel flap & gusset give it a bit of a snugger fit, avoiding the dreaded baggy-ankle look.)

No comments: