Saturday, October 15, 2005

Falling Leaves part II

I think that I shall never see...The fall foliage, I'm being told, is mediocre this year because of the drought. To my former-Californian eyes, it's spectacular. The oaks are mostly just going dull brown, but the maples are quite showy nonetheless.

There's a large tree on the property line between us & our neighbors on the east side, I have no idea what it is. It's a good 50 or 60 feet tall. It has gone a brilliant yellow that absolutely glows in the early-morning sun. (It is also dropping leaves all over lawn, which Hunter & I are raking up at the lower left.) Soon it will be bare, but right now it stops me cold everytime I walk out the front door with its beautiful color.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

That tree looks gorgeous! I'd love for something like that in my neighbourhood.