Sunday, October 30, 2005

Jack O' Lanterns

The pumpkins we got yesterday have been carved! The pictures are not great, since I had to take them in low-light with no flash, so I apologize for the blurriness. We relied pretty heavily on Pumpkin Masters' free pattern downloads -- I have three or four year's worth of their pattern books in a box, but darned if I know where.

Shiver me timbers
Hunter made his pumpkin into a skeletal pirate. This is the first year we let him do all the carving himself. Didn't he do a nice job? Ali helped him with the teeth, actually.

A friendly ghost
Ali made a graveyard ghostie with her pumpkin.

Le roi soleil
My nice round pumpkin became a sun in his splendor.

Go Chiefs!
And we gave a nod to the local boys in red with the big yellow pumpkin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pumpkins are great, so creative.

Just the sun, what, no Luna?

Anonymous said...

Very nice job of carving. The pumpkins are neat. We didn't even take time to carve ours this year. Chelle