Friday, October 21, 2005

Rites of Passage

Last night was a milestone chez Imperatrix -- Ali attended her first middle-school dance. There was apparently some dancing with boys involved, although I'm not allowed to ask too many questions. There was complaining that it was over too early (I thought eight o'clock was plenty late for a school night, but I'm only a mom, what do I know?) It was lots of fun, according to Miss I'm-A-Teenager-Now.

All right, what I want to know is, who hit the fast-forward button? It seems like just last week that she was toddling about & scattering Cheerios from her highchair. Actually, I'm glad that she's making friends at school & adjusting to the social life here -- last year was a big upheaval for her. But OK, stop growing up so fast already!!

No comments: