Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ragna

Ja, sure, you betIn addition to the Mystery Project (mwa-ha-ha!), which is my current at-work project, I started to swatch the luscious Ragna over the weekend. Had to rip once, but it really is a fun pattern. I am knitting it in my favorite wool, Elann's Highland Wool, on size 7's and in a vibrant peacock-green shade called Calypso. (The photo makes it look much darker than it really is. Click for larger image, which shows the detail better.)

The center braid in the pattern is a traditional interlace pattern called a Saxon braid, with a twisted cable on either side. It's not a pattern for someone who hates cables; each right-side row has between 3 and 6 C4's per repeat. Uff da; but the no-needle technique helps a lot.

2 comments:

sgeddes said...

That's beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

ChelleC said...

I wanna knit at work. Wah!!!