Tuesday, March 07, 2006

E is for Emerge

CatkinsSpring is just around the corner, and we are starting to see those best-loved harbingers, the daffodil & the pussy willow. We have a largish willow just behind the house, and its fuzzy white blooms enchanted me last year as I was house-shopping -- I wouldn't swear that they didn't influence our purchase somewhat.

Early elmOur elm seems to be the first one in the neighborhood to bud. You can see that the poor tree was cruelly topped a decade or so back, but it seems to have grown back a nice round crown that will fill in beautifully once the leaves unfold. Of course, E could also here stand for Evil, since I will be sneezing my fool head off in a few weeks because of this monster.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ooh, good E!

The weather certainly looks nice in Missouri ;)

ChelleC said...

Hello, Kay. I hope you come to knitting today! I'm going to try to make it if I can get away from work on time.

ChelleC said...

It was wonderful seeing you again. Very nice. Chelle

ChelleC said...

And I forgot to say - you look great by the way.