Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Diamond Scarf

Diamonds are a girl's best friendThe long-languishing Diamond Scarf is finally finished & blocking (here's one end of it, pinned to a beach towel. I couldn't get the whole thing in the picture & still show the lace. There's actually 18 repeats of the lace pattern.) The design is my own, adapted from a lace pattern I saw here, but reworked for a larger gauge on size 10 needles. The yarn is Plymouth Outback Mohair, in an endearingly funky pink-and-brown colorway -- I received the yarn as part of a holiday gift exchange we did a year back at the Orange County Stitch n Bitch... oops, I mean SnB-OC. I put it aside almost a year ago, but the time has come to knock off all my old UFOs.

Thanks for your advice on What to Do Next, ladies, but I forgot to mention the Mystery Project as one of the choices... well, it's a mystery, as I said. You'll see. When it's finished. Mwaa-ha-ha!

No comments: