Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Summer is a-cumen in

Laudly sing cucu, and all that. The season has snuck in early in our corner of the Midwest, and we have had temperatures in the 90s this week & humidity to match. Hopefully the thunderstorm rolling in tonight will cool things off a bit.

Of course, everything on the needles right now is either wool or some itchy hairy blend... why didn't I pick up some nice cool cotton somewhere along the line for a nice summer project? Didn't plan that one too well :-(

Oh, I take back what I said about blowouts in the NBA playoffs. Watching the Pacers come from behind tonight to take the world champ Pistons to school in the fourth quarter, in Detroit, was a beautiful thing to see. I've hated the Pistons since the 80s, in the way that Dodgers fans hate the Yankees: atavistically & without reservation. Back then it was the days of Bill Laimbeer & the Motor City Bad Boys -- he of the flying elbows & foul mouth & continual whining to the officials. Now it's Big "Buy A Comb" Ben & Rasheed & a different cast of characters, but the dislike is still there. Maybe I can root for the Pacers just a little bit, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your remark about the Pacer's schooling the Pistons. I hope it is ok to quote you over on my blog with a link-back to your blog.

Kay said...

Please feel free, but you forgot the link -- http://ucchemta.blogdrive.com/ -- (just in case any other commenters want a peek)