Sunday, May 01, 2005

Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!

And a wonderful time was had by all at our 20th reunion! We had a couple of very nice evenings, one the all-class dinner on Friday night & one the class of '85 dinner on Saturday. There were picnics, symposia, classes to audit, department receptions (I even got to talk to my first art history professor, one of the few faculty members remaining from my days there; it was he who got me interested in my eventual major of art in the first place), glee club concerts, and many repetitions of the alma mater -- of which I could not sing a note, since I had lost my voice on Thursday evening & was as hoarse as any crow, but I dutifully arose & mouthed the words & got all choked up anyway.

But by far the biggest success of the weekend was the treasure hunt hosted by classmate Dave Blum '85, better known to corporate America as Dr. Clue. He created an immensely enjoyable puzzle-tour of the entire campus that had us roaming around, looking for placques & artwork & other collegiate ephemera, all to answer the six questions within the 90-minute time limit. (A clue might be something like a series of trivia questions where, when aswered correctly, the initial letters spell out the name of a location -- "West of Smiley dorm" -- and the second part of the clue would instruct you to look for the nickname of a certain class, who of course had a placque at that site dedicated to a member of that class, or something. I am using slightly disguised examples so as not to give away Dave's distinctive clue style.) Every person I know who participated in the hunt swore it was the most fun they had had in years. If you ever get a chance to go to a Dr. Clue corporate team-building event, don't hesitate. He's the best at what he does.

No comments: