Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Swapping on a Budget

Oooh goody, I love boxesWow, I got a box today! What is it?
A treasure troveIt's my package from my Swap on a Budget partner, Danielle... She is a spoiler extraordinaire! She outdid herself with figuring out just the kind of gifts would make me feel great.

* Not one, but two, beautiful knitted dishcloths, which I use all the time & never have enough of
* A colorful journal (perfect purse sized)
* A skein of Cotton Fleece in "Raging Purple" (I think it looks like Laker purple, LOL)
* Two skeins of Patons Classic merino in a gorgeous rich mahogany color
* Two spicy-scented candles in travel tins, which is something I love to take with me when I have to travel on business (makes hotel rooms much nicer)
* A couple of cable needles, because she must have read on my blog that I love cable projects
* A souvenir refrigerator magnet from her home town (Fort Wayne, IN) because I collect the things
* A pretty little tin full of goodies -- some beautiful beaded stitch markers, and a charm bracelet. The bracelet is where her blog-stalking skills really come to the fore. The charms are two kittys (for Friday & Pyewacket); an "I (heart) 2 Knit"; and "I (heart) Beads" {both of those dead on, natch}; a charm of the famous arch from her childhood home of St. Louis (since I live in central MO now); and a little enamelled football charm (for my football days' sake.) I love it.
Charmed!Thank you, Danielle, I feel very spoiled!

Actually, upon reconsideration, I think the Cotton Fleece is Quake purple. :-)

1 comment:

D said...

I'm glad you like it.