Friday, May 23, 2008

On the road again

This will be a pic-less post, since I don't have the camera with me... I've been travelling, some business, some pleasure. For the first half of the week, I was at the National Postal Forum, which is only interesting if you happen to work in the direct mail industry, but I learned a ton of cool and important stuff about the changing regulations that the USPS keeps throwing at us. If you know what "intelligent mail barcode" means, then you know what I'm talking about. There were plenty of interesting events at the conference too -- the featured speaker for the Wednesday session was Chris Gardner, who was billed as an "motivational speaker," but it wouldn't have been too far off the mark to list him as a comedian. (The first thing he said after he was introduced was, "I gotta tell you guys straight up... Will Smith ain't comin'.") Then, at the closing reception, we got Big Bad Voodoo Daddy! Man, they rocked the joint too!

Now I'm hanging with Boo for a couple of days, not really doing much at all but having a nice relaxing visit. There's a yarn store not too far from her place that I'm planning to check out today... I didn't bring near enough yarn to work on for this trip & I'm at a standstill on both Talia & the Fitted Tee, quelle horreur! I'll have to see what I can do to remedy this terrible situation. :-)

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Ohmigod, you had a chance to meet Chris Gardiner in person? The real man behind "Pursuit of Happyness" - that's one of my very favorite movies. And I want to read the book. I've skimmed most of the book at Borders. The man is a HUGE inspiration to me. Great human being.

And you slipped off to AZ without telling us? Couldn't you have taken me along in your suitcase or something? Jeez.