Friday, May 09, 2008

Six Quirky Things About Me

Yet another silly blog meme -- I was tagged by Chelle with this one.

1. When I am watching TV, the volume must be an even number. I have no idea why, but it makes me uncomfortable when the little slider doohickey at the bottom of the screen lands on an odd number -- never mind that it's going to disappear in a few seconds. My family thinks it is hilarious to "accidentally" leave it on an odd number & watch me fidget.

2. When I am walking or climbing stairs, I always count my steps in groups of eight. I think this is a leftover from my music days, when one had to precisely count the specified measures of rest and know exactly when to enter after the rest. Also, everything in marching band is done on a count of eight.

3. All the cats I have ever had, and will ever have, are girl kitties. I don't like boy kitties.

4. I find it kind of ironic that so much of my life has revolved around color -- I'm a former artist, and now apparently an up-and-coming indy dyer -- yet I am married to someone who is profoundly colorblind. It makes for some pretty funny conversations sometimes. "Honey, hand me that green book." "That's not green, it's red."

5. Foodwise, I will try anything once. My List Of Weird Things I Have Eaten is pretty long: shark, grubs, octopus, grasshoppers, rattlesnake...

6. I still try to avoid stepping on the cracks and/or lines on sidewalks. Maternal vertebral columns are always safe around me.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Yeah you did it. I think the volume thing with the even number is funny!