Monday, May 28, 2007

Quidditch, anyone?

Youngest Seeker ever?Gryffindor Quidditch sweater
Yarn: Elann's Highland Wool
Needles: 8
Pattern: Saddle shoulder crew from The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns

I thought I was making it a size too large, to allow for a little growth between now and October, but apparently I was making it two or three sizes too large. Oh well, cuff the sleeves and no one will know. He'll be able to wear it for a couple of years this way. I liked the saddle shoulder, a new-to-me technique; may use it again soon.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Very handsome sweater - and looks nice on the handsome son! By the way, what are "saddle shoulders" - what are the advantages? Are they hard to do? I've heard that doing a 3 needle bind off, while easy, isn't always the best technique. I like to learn new techniques.

Scarlett said...

Oh, very nice. I do like that sweater, but hot flashes 24/7 it will be quite a while before I tackle it.

Nice work.