Sunday, June 03, 2007

Jeepsters

Before

Before
Today's project: Put a soft top on the Jeep. It's a '95 Wrangler that we have had for about a year -- it had belonged to Mike's dad, who trailered it down here when he got a new one. When we got it, it had an ill-fitting hardtop that leaked like a sieve and made it very cold to drive in the winter. Mike donated the lid to his Jeep club a few weeks ago in favor of this cool ragtop. Doesn't it look sharp? It took us about four hours to put the thing on. Now it is much quieter to drive, believe it or not, and not nearly so drafty. It also has a brand-new suspension (as of a couple weeks ago) which makes for a pretty good ride.

A funny story about the Jeep: The first time I drove it to work, I came home demanding, "Hey, is there a secret Jeep club that I don't know about?!?" Mike about fell off his chair laughing. "They were waving at you, huh?" I had no idea, but apparently it's one of those road customs -- Jeepsters wave to each other when they pass. Pass it on.

After

After

5 comments:

ChelleC said...

Wow! Jeep looks very sharp. I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Kay said...

LOL, we all drive it, but it's intended to be Ali's car once she's old enough for her license. :-)

Laura said...

My husband LOVES his Jeep. It was his first 'baby'. While it has no air-conditioner and a very horrible radio, for some reason, he loves it. He won't take it on dirt roads if he can help it, either, so it can't get torn up.

I love the thing, myself. It's so easy to park and loads of fun. I've never snuck around and off-roaded, even though I'm very tempted. ;)

Lisa B (Moon) said...

Iknow!!! For the longest time I couldnt figure out what people were waving at...lol. Now I know, and I flash a peace sign at my fellow wrangler drivers...
;0)

Marc said...

Motorcycle riders wave at each other, too. Besides jeep owners, are there other groups of owners that do this?