Saturday, May 12, 2007

Toyota Yaris

Yaris looks good in silverWith gas prices topping $3.00 a gallon even here in the heartland, and me with a seventy-mile daily commute, we crunched some numbers to figure out how much a new-car payment would be offset in fuel savings. Lo and behold, a new commuter car made way more sense than continuing to drive my old low-20-something-mpg van. We love our Toyotas -- we've owned four of them & have no intention of buying anywhere else -- so we zipped down to the local dealer today to look at the Yaris, Toyota's latest incarnation of the econo-box. Boy, is it cute! I haven't seen it advertised very heavily in this market, just a few TV spots last summer, but they are apparently selling like the proverbial hotcakes. According to our salesman, we bought the seventh one this week. At around 40 mpg, why wouldn't we? Add up the savings in gas & it'll break even in two years.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Oh my garsh! We got one too - just today (Saturday May 19th). Imagine my surprise when I found that you and I purchased the same kind of car! Mine is dark blue. This is so funny. : )

ChelleC said...

And what's even funnier is that we traded in our van also! You just can't beat the mileage.