Saturday, March 25, 2006

F is for Fool

The Fool, Rider-Waite TarotStrangely, the Fool has come up in exactly the same position in the last three readings I have done... position 4 in the Celtic cross & staff, which is "what is behind you". The Fool is all about leaping off the cliff of your comfortable world and the risky beginnings of rewarding journeys into unknown realms. Gosh, do you think it might apply to me, and the cross-country move to a strange city that we undertook last year?
The Rookie, Baseball TarotThere are, of course, a bazillion different versions of the Tarot. I use the hoary old Rider-Waite, mostly because the images are so familiar, but I love the images on Boo's Baseball Tarot (the perfect deck for a sports nut, BTW -- baseball clichés blended seamlessly with tarot archetypes.) In that deck, the Fool is renamed the Rookie. A long-haired youth leaps off the bench, grabbing a bat, while the catcher and ump look expectantly towards him. Perfect! "Hey kid, I'm putting you in!" "Me, Coach?" The Fool is getting off the bench and into the game.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Hey, the Fool. I like it! The baseball version is cute. Aren't we all rookies at heart?