Tuesday, April 12, 2005

S*** Happens

So today, mid-afternoon, my daughter Ali suddenly comes bolting out of her room screaming "MommyMommyMommy" like she's being murdered. My first thought was that she had seen a spider (drama queen much?) but then noticed that Mike, who was standing between her & the kitchen, had hustled her to the sink & was looking at her hand under the running water. Uh oh. Yes folks, she had managed to cut her finger to the bone with a 1-1/2" penknife. She was putting on those press-on nails (which I don't like, but she got them with her own allowance money) and was trying to cut the tip off of the tube of glue, and the knife folded on her. Two hours in the ER and four stitches later, everyone is fine, but what an exhausting day. Kids can turn your life upside down in about a second, can't they? [sigh]

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

OH! poor kid! poor mom! I hope it is well on the mend by now. April 12 was 9 days ago? Stitches out and healing under way?

I just cut my finger, but got off lightly with superglue instead of stitches.