Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Job Interview

I had a job interview today (won't say where just yet so I don't jinx it.) I felt it went pretty well, and of course we had the obligatory chat about "what brings you here from California? I have a [fill in type-of-relative] from [fill in CA city name]". In this case it was a brother in Northridge. Oh yeah, I used to live right next door in Glendale, yada yada. So, later, we were chatting about my work experience as the interviewer scanned the resume, when his eye snagged on this bit I had gratuitously stuck in there after the Education section:

OTHER ACTIVITIES
California Quake, Long Beach, CA
2001-2003
Champions, Women’s American Football League (2001)
Offensive lineman for professional women’s tackle football team.


"No fooling? You played for the Quake? I'm really impressed!" So I told him what positions I played & showed him my ring & all that. I was astounded that he had heard of us & asked him how. Turns out the brother in Northridge is a fan. Small world, huh?

2 comments:

Boo in L.A. said...

Did you feel that?

Good luck on the interview :)

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous! Now he'll remember for sure! Good luck on the job!