Sunday, April 24, 2005

Buttonhole Bag

As if I didn't have enough on the needles already, I cast on a quickie Buttonhole Bag on Thursday night. Dumb, I know, but the following three factors all came together in a strange confluence:
1) We were having such a hellacious thunderstorm that Mike made me turn off the TV, so I couldn't finish watching Apprentice.
2) The cat had barfed on the bed (ew, yuck! Sorry, that was maybe TMI) so I couldn't go to bed until I had finished washing all the bedding.
3) It was late, I was tired & a little spacey from a long day & maybe a little too much allergy meds, so I wasn't even going to attempt to work from a chart, so that ruled out the current first-string, the SnB Alien Illusion scarf.
So, a three-day Buttonhole (finished knitting yesterday afternoon).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here it is prior to felting. I used Paton's Classic Merino, doubled, in Rich Red & Blueberry. Some leftovers from another project, actually. The poor thing has a fat-bottomed look, due to my mistake in increasing (every row instead of every other row). I completely forgot to include something to give you an idea of the scale, but it's about 10" tall.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After felting! My fat-bottomed mistake makes it nice & round on the bottom, I actually kind of like it like that. I felted it WAY too much & it came out quite small, but still cute! See my post in the Knitty coffeeshop if you are interested in my adventures with felting in a new washing machine. I'll chalk it up to a learning-curve experience & check the felting progress more frequently next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had to miss the apprentice?! i love that show. I don't know that I could turn it off. I'm cheering on the mom from Iowa. By the way your buttonhole bag is really cute. you did a really nice job. Love the colors!