Thursday, April 21, 2005

Clapotis, Complete

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is my finished Clapotis, in Berroco Cotton Twist in the lovely variegated shade called Pool Party.

My Mini-review: This yarn is quite soft & slick, with a lovely sheen that doesn't show up so great in the picture. I have to say that it is a bit of a pain to knit, though; it is quite splitty & you have to watch it, since it splits so effortlessly you can't feel it. (No-lookie knitters will know what I mean; you can usually feel a little pull or some such that tells you something is wrong & that you need to look down. But Cotton Twist is so slick it won't give you any tactile hint that it is splitting.)

The pattern was fun to knit! It calls for lots of markers to keep track of the columns that will eventually be dropped, but I simply purled the drop stitch instead, because most of my markers were actually packed up & I didn't want to buy more just for this. I actually ran a bit short & did two fewer repeats than the pattern called for, but the length seems fine for me anyway. (I have heard lots of other people say they ran short. Buy an extra skein or two. I had 8 skeins of the Cotton Twist, which seemed like it should have been plenty, but I could have used another.)

So, voilá, I have joined the Clapotis Club. I feel trés chic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo la la, c'est tres magnifique!

Lovely color. I adore Cotton Twist, I used it for my Honeymoon Cami. It IS splitty, but it's worth it.

Hope you're daughter's finger is healing nicely.

saintjay from Knitty

Lisa P said...

Oh I just love the color! It came out great! :D

Queen Bee said...

That looks beautiful! Wow!

(OC SnB-er who met you once, right before you moved)