Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Skeinwinder mark II

Skeinwinder, mark IIThat Guy has struck again. After watching me struggle with clamping the skeinwinder to a kitchen chair a few times (an operation that really required three hands), Mike modified it. Presenting... The New And Improved Skeinwinder! Still butt-ugly, but now even MORE utilitarian!

Beware, skeinwinder in useBasically he just mounted it on the baker's rack that stands in the corner of the living room and stores all of my yarn bins and stuff for the store. Yes, I should probably buy stock in Rubbermaid because I have so many of their totes, but anyway. The winder now swings down like one of those foldaway ironing boards. When I want to use it, I just have to swing it down and tighten one bolt, and I'm ready to go. When I'm not using it, it folds back up next to the rack and stays relatively out of the way. Ingenious.

No comments: