Saturday, January 20, 2007

Vested Interest

Ribbed for his pleasureThe new project is a sweater vest for Mike, as I mentioned earlier. I change my mind daily about whether it's going to be a cardigan or a v-neck pullover. Since I'm still working on the back, I haven't reached the decision branch yet. Mike is no help; he says he likes both & I should do whatever I think will look best with the yarn.

Anyway, the wide rib really pulls in a lot & will keep it from looking saggy and grampa-ish at the waist. The only thing I don't like about the rib pattern is this: when knitting flat, on the wrong side you've got to do a couple of twisted purls, which is a terribly awkward stitch. (When I used this rib on the Sixth Sense socks, they were of course knit in the round so I didn't encounter the twisted purl. Didn't realize what I'd gotten myself into until the second row after the ribbing. Hmmmph.)
Why are you coming into my bedroom and taking pictures, anyway?A gratuitous kitty shot. Pyewacket was snoozing on the other end of the bed from where I was photographing the sweater.

No comments: