Monday, January 15, 2007

Ragna Rocks

Image from Viking Patterns for KnittingPattern: Ragna
Source: Viking Patterns for Knitting: Inspiration and Projects for Today's Knitter by Elsebeth Lavold
Yarn: Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in Calypso Green
Needle: size 8
The sweater on the model is knit in a different yarn -- Magpie Tweed -- and is quite boxy. In fact, I suspect the hands-atop-the-head pose was devised simply to cause the sweater to pull in at the waist & get a little shape into the picture.
RagnaliciousMy version is quite a bit curvier, but then I'm not a skinny Scandinavian model with cheekbones like scimitars. Nonetheless, I love this sweater. It fits me quite close, which Mike thinks is a point in its favor (note to self: wear a dark bra next time). It is incredibly warm and comfy.

I love me some Ragna!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I love this sweater. It is absolutely gorgeous. It looks much nicer on you.

Jen said...

Yay, yay, yay, I want one. I want one. I want one. I love that sweater - as I've mentioned previously. I have had that sweater on my mind since you shared the book with me that one Saturday - what seems so long ago. I want ONE!!

Thanks for asking about Duke - he did not lose an eye - thanks be to the benevalent one, but it was close.

Keep warm - oops you will - YOU HAVE MY SWEATER.

Laura said...

I love that sweater and love the book it comes from, too. The sweater is gorgeous and looks great on you! Always a bonus. :)

ChelleC said...

Wow, that sweater is phenomenal.