Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Look at this, MomLife has pretty much ground to a halt with the paralyzing ice storm that has enveloped the Midwest for the past three days. It's been raining & sleeting off & on since Friday. Of course, when you're a kid, an ice storm is a fun event... it's a chance to perfect, say, your two-footed sliding technique.
Scraping the windshield sucks, doesn't it?Of course, it's a lot less fun when you're an adult.
FYI, I sewed this sleeve on three times before it looked rightMostly we're just staying inside & keeping warm. I've been working on seaming up Ragna; a nice wool sweater looks like the perfect thing for this weather. (For the record, stack-type chips are the preferred snack while seaming, because they don't make your hands greasy. Or I might just be busted on my diet, I dunno.)
A lazy Sunday, watching TVMost of the household has been having a much less goal-oriented afternoon.

Stay warm & safe, everyone.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I know what you mean about the ice storm. I am here in Kansas City, and was hoping for more snow. Mostly because it is a three day weekend for us. Just making my way down the Midwest knitters ring and wanted to say I like your blog.