Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sixth Sense progress

Happy cherry soxAs promised, here's a progress shot of the Sixth Sense socks that I'm making with the cherry Kool-Aid yarn. The garter-stitch heel seems a little funky, but I'll trust the pattern & see how it comes out once it's afoot, so to speak.

This just in! A tragic development in the Sixth Sense Sox leaves a local knitter shaken but determined to finish!

While knitting away on the socks a little while ago, a big glob of yarn jumped out of one of my center-pull balls (as sometimes happens); I put it on the desk next to the ball & continued knitting. Sometime later, during a phone call (when I wasn't paying attention to the yarn), the glob fell off the desk and landed on the floor, where I apparently proceeded to RUN IT OVER with my office chair & get it all tangled up in one of the casters. O the humanity! Several minutes of patient untangling removed the yarn from the caster with no breakage, but now it is stained with a nasty black greasy goop that I am not at all sure is going to come out. So I'll have to cut anyway. sob

Well, onward and upward. We shall endeavor to persevere.

No comments: