Friday, January 13, 2006

Wavy, masc.

Baby, it's cold outsideMy four millionth scarf (approximately) was made at the request of my darling huz; it is Knitty's Wavy pattern made up in a heathered-brown worsted wool. I made a lightweight Wavy last year out of a sport-weight kelly-green microfiber, which was very lovely & feminine (I am wearing it in my profile pic to the right.) Would the brown Wavy look too pretty for a manly guy like Mike? Not a bit; the worsted wool and the neutral color make it plenty masculine. I love adaptable patterns.

I am SICK SICK SICK of small projects like scarves and socks -- I have a couple more on the needles which I am pushing to finish, but I'm doing so to clear the decks for a big project. I am so overdue for a sweater or something I can really get into.

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Hmm...and I'm sick of projects that take forever. I want to knit socks. I just started fuzzy feet yesterday sort of as a "training" project for the real size thing.

And hey, I've seen and knit plenty of scarves that seemed to take eons to make. Why not try a Harry Potter scarf? Heh.

turtlegirl76 said...

Uh, never mind. I see the Ravenclaw scarf in your sidebar. You know well the hell that scarf brings.

Kay said...

Heh, Ravenclaw is my current "big push to finish" project. I'm about 2/3 done...

ChelleC said...

I am still too intimated to do a sweater. Don't ask me why! I've done one Einstein for my daughter - but that was 2 years ago.