Friday, January 27, 2006

Ore-snay

Well, this is certainly a dull time of year, isn't it? The holidays are past, everyone is back to school or work, and nothing much is going on out of the ordinary. Everyone seems to be fighting a cold, and the trees and lawns are all bare and brown. Help, I'm mired in a winter rut & I need to get out of it!

Since I now live in a place that requires me to pay attention to the concept of "last frost date", I actually got around to looking it up the other day (it's April 26, if you're curious) and sat down with a calendar & worked out when all the different seeds need to started -- the slowpokes like parsley need an 8-10 week headstart on the sow-after-frost vines like peas -- but even the earliest ones don't need to be started till the first week of March. So nothing is happening in the garden yet.

I need a fun, vibrant new project...

No comments: