Sunday, August 28, 2005

Skirt Finished (mostly)

So long, farewellDang, it's too long. I need to take it up by about 6 inches or so. I will probably just take a few tucks in the underskirt, high enough under the overskirt that the seams won't be visible. For a more everyday style, I wouldn't be able to get away with this because it would create too much bulk; however, with this skirt, I could use as much bulk as I can possibly get.

I will have to teach her the ladylike way to hike a skirt, I think.Shopping at Payless today for gym shoes, we saw a pretty pair of embroidered flats that are an almost perfect match to the lighter-green trim (the bias tape that runs along the edge of the scallops.) I'm not sure why she is modeling them with sports sox here. For the ball we will probably go with some fairly heavy tights, or something appropriate for the November climate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gown is absolutely lovely. Lucky you found the matching shoes. I love Payless.

Looking forward to the photos in November.