Sunday, June 05, 2005

Two Socks on Two Circulars

I finally broke down and got a couple of 30" Addis to try the two-needle technique on my next pair of socks. Now I'm sorry I took so long to get around to trying it!


Here's the start of the two socks. I'm using Elann's Sock It To Me! Puzzle in the colorway called (somewhat nonsensically) Little Red Schoolhouse. They're just plain stockinette stitch with a band of ribbing at the top; I didn't want to do anything fancy on my first try. (I'd heard horror stories at SnB meetings & whatnot from knitters who had a lot of trouble grasping the technique.) Dude, it's not difficult at all! There are a zillion tutorials out there that walk you through it step by step -- Sockknitters has a good one -- and once you get past the first row or two, you're off. Try it, it's a great technique.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You MUST explain this to me sometime! I have been looking over the patterns and directions and I think my head may explode. Is it actually easy?