Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunny Days


Soleil is finished! Here is it blocking. Sorry about the poor color choice on the towel, if I had used a different color you might not have to endure the Clash of the Different Greens. But anyway.

I used Schachenmayr's Micro Big Shine and size 8 needles on this project. Micro is another splitsville yarn, I don't know why I have so much trouble with yarn splitting lately. Hopefully it's due to my recent choices in summer weight yarns & not my terrible technique. I had a divvil of a time with the crochet edge, because I have only marginal crochet skills to begin with, and then the yarn wanted to split & do its own thing every inch of the way. But it looks mostly OK, I hope.

The lace bottom opens up beautifully with blocking, and the yarn becomes soft and shimmery. Can you believe I never used to block my finished pieces? Then again, I never used to work with yarns that really required blocking to make it look finished. I'm a total convert of blocking now. (Knitty, as always, has a good article on the whys and hows.)

Can't wait to wear it tomorrow!

No comments: