Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A quick hat

Mostly Knit-Round hatMy daughter the rocket scientist decided to wash her old hat in the washing machine, which turned it into a felted mess. "Mom, I need a new hat!" This just as we're supposed to get another cold front moving down from Canada in the next couple of days. So I knit up a super-quick Mostly Knit-Round Hat -- the third one I've made. So cute! The pattern is from the first Knitting Experience book, the yarn is Dream In Color Classy in the luscious Blue Lagoon colorway. I actually knit the garter brim in the round as well, so there's no "mostly" in the mostly knit-round -- but it's still a fabulously easy hat.

4 comments:

Boo in L.A. said...

LOL don't dis your daughter. It took me years to learn how to properly use a washing machine & not ruin all my clothes. ;)

Carol said...

What a nice MOM you are. The new hat looks lovely.

Laura said...

I'll bet she was thrilled with the new hat! It's so pretty. A child doing the laundry is always a good thing, even if there are mishaps.

ChelleC said...

Hey that's really cute on her. Your daughter learned her first lesson about felting. : )