Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mystery socks

My sister announced out of the blue the other day that she loved the socks that I made for her a couple years back & she would be pleased to get another pair from me any time I cared to make her some. Well, a knitter doesn't need much more prodding than that. She now knows that she is getting a new pair for Yule, since I quizzed her thoroughly on color preferences and whatnot. The following can be revealed:
1. They will be in a colorway that she has said that she likes.
2. They will be a little larger than I usually make for myself, since she wears about a size and a half larger shoe than I do.
3. As she specifically requested, they will not be "bumply" (which rules out a lot of lace).

I'm not going to say any more than that here, since she reads my blog and I want to have at least some surprise attached to the gift. Ravelry users can learn more if they wish (hint, hint.)

Sleepy kittyTo make up for the lack of yarny pictures in this blog, I present a gratuitous kitty shot. I bought one of those multi-tiered flat drying racks, since I always have plenty of hand-knits to wash & dry. It's great for socks. I stuck it on top of the dryer where it doesn't get in the way... Friday thinks it makes a fine hammock.

No comments: