Sunday, July 08, 2007

Spring Sox

Spring SoxYarn: Knitpick's Dancing
Needles: 2
Pattern: none, I make this stuff up

Dancing is a wool/cotton/elastic sock blend which has sadly been discontinued (only a few clearance colors left)... it knits up into a springy bouncy fabric that is a joy to wear. I made a basic short-row heel sock with a waffle stitch pattern on the ankle & instep. There's a funny S-shaped pooling on the front, who knows why?

I asked Ali to model them here, and she liked them so much that she refused to give them back!

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

They're discontinuing "Dancing" - really? I hope that Cascade Fixation is still around. That's a similar brand that I really like for summer socks.

Kay said...

Fixation is still very much around, plus Knitpicks still has the Risata solids, which are a similar blend. These knit up with such an odd pooling, and the colors were just a little, well, meh... I'm thinking I'll stick with the solids next time. I know you like the colors (I read your post on Knitter's Review) but I'm one of the ones that looks at it and says "clown barf"!!! Ali likes it, though. [shrug]