Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Knit From Your Stash for '07

Knitters make stash-reduction resolutions like most people make diet resolutions... I'm no exception. So, in the spirit of the coming New Year, I thought that Wendy's KFYS idea is a most worthy endeavor. I'll modify the rules slightly for my knitting style, however.

Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for Kay
  • 1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
  • 2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
    • 2.a. Sock yarn DOES count. What? You think I don't have sock yarn in stash?
    • 2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
    • 2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
    • 2.d. Small amounts of souvenir yarn purchased during a road trip does not count. (A little vacation tradition I have.)
  • 3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

(I removed the fiber rule, since I don't spin)

My stash is still pretty well-mannered (about three tote-bins' worth), but I could honestly see it growing to alarming porportions in a hurry once we get moved into the dome and it has a chance to expand to craft-room size. Agressive stash pruning seems a good habit to establish now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! That IS agressive. No birthday exceptions or yarn store closing exceptions? ;)