Sunday, July 30, 2006

Two, Count 'Em, Two FOs

Unbelievable! I did a lot of knitting during my road trip, and actually have some finished objects to show.
All wrapped upI picked up the yarn for this scarf (a gorgeous 100% bamboo from Alchemy Yarns) on a road trip to California last year, cast it on during our trip to Carson City a couple months back, during which it picked up its moniker of "lettuce wrap scarf" from my seatmate on the flight back, a little boy on his way to New York who loved that particular appetizer at PF Chang's -- so it seems fitting that I finished it in Wisconsin.
Knock yer blocks offI also finished the boring but kinda cute Color Blox Sox from the Six Sox knitalong, with a bare two days left before the new pattern comes out. Phew.

4 comments:

Maenwyn said...

I love the scarf. Trips are great for knitting, aren't they?

ChelleC said...

That scarf is very attractive and not your run-of-the-mill scarf. The socks are great, too. Isn't it nice to finish two?? (I'm stuck with a singleton right now until I complete the second).

turtlegirl76 said...

The scarf is very lettucy! I love it!

I didn't even bother with the color block socks. I don't have enough scrap yarns that coordinate to even bother. Someday down the road I'll come back to it. I might do this pattern though.

Laura said...

Nice! I like the socks and the lettuce. I knew them 'when'. ;)