Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Color Blox Sox

Knocking the scraps offThe latest sock pattern in the Six Sox Knitalong is a toe-up, reverse-Dutch-heel written for scrap yarn. Well, I've got plenty of that! ;-) I put together two different fair-isle prints that both had a grey tone, and then added a very dark charcoal heather & it all matched somehow.

The socks themselves are pretty straightforward, but I must say that the pattern is one of the most poorly written that I have seen in several decades of knitting. The author, trying to be chatty but barely managing to be informative, buries the actual pattern under an avalanche of asides & not-very-relevant tips. Eight pages of pattern for one pair of sox, people. I don't know what the group's editors were thinking.

3 comments:

ChelleC said...

Cute socks! Where did you get the pattern? I'm not in that six socks knitalong thing. Eight pages of pattern? Eeks. Yeah, if you can't figure it out, it definitely needs revision. Chelle

Maenwyn said...

The socks are looking really nice. Looks like you are smarter than the pattern writer.

Jen said...

Glad I didn't attempt this one. Eight pages, sheesh. I get irritated when they are over three pages. Love the colors you chose.