Saturday, June 17, 2006

K is for Knotwork

Here's the post where I show off my Celtic heritage. I love knotwork, and always seem to have some knotty projects somewhere in my world. As always, click on the picture for a larger version.
Ragna from Viking KnitsRagna is coming along slowly. Here it is eight repeats in. I have to say I am disappointed in the quality of this lot of Elann Highland Wool -- I seem to cut out two or three knotted joins in each skein. I definitely don't like those kind of knots!
Viking swordsAnother fun project was a pair of leather scabbards for two of Mike's swords. (Don't forget that we're reenactors, just in case you're wondering why he has multiple swords.) I drew the knotwork, Mike did the tooling.
Tattoo youI carry this knotwork around with me every day -- it's on my right ankle. It was inked by Pat Fish, "the Celtic Queen of the West", in her studio in Santa Barbara in 1996.

No comments: