Sunday, February 15, 2009

Entrelac

Entrelac scarfWhen I picked up a couple of skeins of Noro Taiyo at the knitting retreat a couple of weekends ago, I mentioned to a couple of other knitters that this would be the perfect time to teach myself entrelac, a technique I've been meaning to try but just haven't gotten around to casting on. I was informed that entrelac is pretty complicated and I should probably sign up for a class -- I might not be able to teach myself.

Well.

If you are reading this blog, you probably know me well enough to realize that no one tells me that I can't do something. So this weekend, I printed off a basic pattern & started futzing with it. Behold the results of the self-teaching.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

First of all, I LOVE that Noro colorway. Second of all, you really are a self-motivated learner. I don't learn well in classes either, but I'm not very self taught, at least with knitting. So now that YOU have learned, you can give me private lessons. How's that?

Elysbeth said...

Pox on the naysayers! I learned it from a magazine article years ago.

Congratulations on a lovely piece of knitting.