Saturday, February 02, 2008

Holy smokes! I'm sold out!

I stopped by the Lee's Summit SSnK this afternoon, and brought my hand-dyed sample skeins with me to show to the other knitters and get some feedback. Color me surprised (no pun intended) when my dyeing efforts caused a bit of a feeding frenzy -- they bought me almost completely out! I was gratified to get feedback on the colorways from other knitters, too. I have been dyeing combinations that I like, but I had no idea if anyone else would actually like it. (Mike is useless for feedback on yarn -- he's profoundly colorblind.) What a relief when other knitters actually understood and liked what I was trying to do with the multi-layered dye combinations. Guess I'll keep dyeing these colorways... maybe try a few more...

The only bummer about this is, my Etsy shop is nearly empty just as I placed a new ad, and my next shipment of undyed yarn is running a bit late... so it'll be a couple of days before I can add new inventory! Oh well. I'll muddle through somehow.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Your yarn is GREAT! I'm glad I am one of the recipients. I posted the photos over on my blog.

Laura said...

What Chelle said! I'm glad I got in on the frenzy.

Selling out in a hurry is a nice problem to have, isn't it? :) You do GREAT work.