Friday, September 07, 2007

Rosebud

Ali the fashion model poses with RosebudYarn: Elann.com's Peruvian Uros Aran (50% wool, 50% llama)
Needles: size 8
Stitch pattern: Rosebuds from 356 Knitting Stitches a Year

My second lace shawl, this one made as a gift for my dear friend Miriam, who loves all things rosy.
Looks awfulLace, of course, is all about the blocking. Before blocking, the shawl resembles nothing so much as a crumpled, wadded mess.
Bathtime for RosyI soaked it in the sink for a few minutes, then squeezed it out in a beach towel. Now it's ready to block.
Looks much nicerFor this project, I invested in a set of blocking wires from KnitPicks, which made the whole job much easier. I heartily recommend blocking wires to anyone who wants to knit lace.
Rosebud in its gloryThe lace pattern opened up beautifully, and the shawl grew by several inches.

I actually finished this shawl a couple of months ago, but have been holding off on posting until I could present Miriam with her gift. Happy Birthday, dear one!

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Wow, oh wow! Is that ever lovely. You did a beautiful job.

Laura said...

I remember when this shawl was a baby! How fast they grow up. It's gorgeous.