Friday, April 13, 2007

The Tax Man Cometh

Two words that strike fear into the heart of any American taxpayer: IRS AUDIT. Apparently our home sale & moving expenses deduction in 2005 was enough to throw up a red flag in some government computer. We have all our paperwork in order, so it's not a problem, but still -- what a hassle.

This year's taxes are done & filed; at least that's out of the way.

The one bit of good news in this annoyance-fest: While going through the file archives to pull out the tax paperwork, I stumbled across my long-lost copy of the pattern for the very lovely Angelina. I ordered it & the yarn, oh, at least three years ago. When the pattern went AWOL, I assumed it had been packed up with my craft-room stuff & I wouldn't see it again until we got the dome finished & all the boxes in the garage got unpacked. But here it was with some old bills! It's now next on the stash-buster project list.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Kay, oh, I am so sorry to hear about your audit. But take heart, you'll get through it just fine I'm sure!

Your cat is a cutie. I miss you. If you ever want to knit together, let me know. I don't go to the Saturday group at all anymore, but if you want to meet me on Sunday, I'm very int. in that! Let me know.