Monday, May 15, 2006

TKGA swatches

Dull as dishwater... some of the dishclothsHaving recently completed a number of smallish projects (the most recent being a half-dozen boring cotton dishcloths in a variety of styles, more as an experiment than anything else,) I have decided it is time to GET SERIOUS and apply myself to the task of finishing my swatches for the TKGA level 1 master program. I decided that I hated the cast-on edge for three of the six swatches I have already knit, so I redid those over the weekend; now I'm on #7 and feeling pretty good about the whole project. The whole point of the thing is to be challenging & ability-stretching; I'm highly enjoying it. After I knit & block the swatches, I have to answer a bunch of questions and write a brief essay on blocking. My goal is to finish before the end of June. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay, I think that's great that you are doing the TGKA challenge! I have thought about doing it before, but never have applied myself to doing it. I was going to start on it in 2003 when I first went back to knitting, and I've since put it out of my mind and pretty much forgotten about it.

The dishclothes look nice! Chelle