Thursday, November 10, 2005

Lacy Gloves

A lady never goes out without her glovesI've finished the last accessory piece for my ballgown, the wrist-length lace gloves. They were done in Elann's Endless Summer Lara, a fingering-weight cotton, on size 6 needles. I did a simple feather-and-fan pattern on the backs of the hands; the rest is just plain stockinette stitch.

Gloves are a bit fiddly, but not terribly difficult; but you'd never know that from the reactions I got from people watching me knit these. "Oh my gosh, that's amazing, I don't know how you can do that, it looks so hard," etc. All I can say is, don't look too closely at the joins between the fingers -- that's where the "handmade" shows ;-)

2 comments:

Rain said...

They're really pretty, i'm impressed. Do we get to see the full ensemble?

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! You've done an outstanding job, Kay. I'm working on a pair of fingerless gloves right now myself, so I am starting to see just how "fiddly" gloves can be, and I'm not even knitting the whole finger. Chelle